Have an account? Login
Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our Ragan community. This platform is a place to confidentially ask questions, share best practices and have ongoing conversations with fellow Communications Leadership Council members. To ensure the best possible experience for everyone, we have established basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with them below. If you have questions, please contact the Concierge Desk at [email protected]
- Respect others. Please preserve this environment of civil and helpful dialogue.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, questions and best practices.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all members to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc. (“Ragan”). Ragan is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Ragan or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Ragan be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Ragan and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Ragan attempts to actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings but does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Ragan we will take all appropriate action.
Ragan reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Ragan is a service provider to our customers and the data in our systems is owned by our customers. This means our customers have jurisdiction over the data and any end-user data subject request should be submitted directly to the customer. Customer’s[DS1] users may access, correct, and delete some information within the platforms. In compliance with global data protection laws, Ragan provides its customers with specific additional rights such as the right to access, correct, and delete as described below:
- request access to categories and specific pieces of personal information about you
- request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you;
- request deletion of personal information about you;
- request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all personal information about you;
- request transfer of personal information to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent or a contract with you, and where our processing is automated; and
- opt-out or object to our use of your personal information in which either:
- our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests, or
- you do not want us to share with third parties.
If you are a Ragan customer, you may exercise your rights by contacting [email protected]. All requests will be addressed within the timeframe required based on the applicable regulation. If the collection of your personal data was based on your consent, you have the right to revoke that consent at any time. Be aware that by revoking consent, you may lose access to Services you previously opted to use. If you are not a Ragan customer and rather a user of our services through an account you have with a Ragan customer, please contact that customer directly.
We update this privacy statement when necessary to provide greater transparency or in response to:
- Feedback from customers, regulators, industry, or other stakeholders
- Changes in our products
- Changes in our data processing activities or policies
When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “Effective Date” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement, such as a change to the purposes of processing of personal data that is not consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how Ragan is protecting your information.
Each email we send will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe should you decide not to receive future promotional communication from Ragan. If you choose to opt out of receiving promotional email and/or text communications from Ragan, we may still periodically communicate with you via email, mail, and telephone for non-promotional matters. Please allow up to 10 business days to be removed from our promotional communication list.
We send notification emails about the website and services from time to time as necessary. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account. You may also contact [email protected] to be removed from this communication list.
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments or from the Council’s Preferred Partners. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact at [email protected].